Thursday, January 08, 2004

Back from the Wild, Wild West!

Yep, I'm back!

Long story short, the wedding was wonderful, beautiful, emotional, amazing! I am now a MOTHER-IN-LAW. Weird, huh? I will say that I couldn't have chosen a more precious and lovely daughter-in-law if it had been up to me!

I will be posting more about the L-O-N-G trip, the beautiful scenery we saw, the wedding, and hopefully some pics. Just wanted to check in.

More later!

YAY! A couple of my favorite blogs are back...


Kevin Young's blog is one of the most thoughtful and insightful ones I've encountered. Kevin is a young man who is a graduate of Cedarville University, of which my son Jonathan is an '02 graduate and where my son Justin is a junior. Kevin is now on staff at Prestonwood Baptist Church in the Dallas area.

Kevin subtitles his blog, "Searching for myself and my God in a world that loves neither." After taking a lengthy break from blogging, he's back with a new focus. He'll include few personal details, choosing to concentrate on his spiritual journey. Says Kevin, "The direction of this site has changed... yet the heartbeat remains the same. It is now solely a reflection of my personal journey with Christ and his church."

He says the Internet is the "final frontier" for ministry, affording us the opportunity to touch lives we never would have been able to before...and he wants every word to count. Cool.

Then there's Secret Radio, a blog that tells a story. I've really become caught up in that ongoing story set in a not-so-fictional Christian college in the 80's. Grace (the blogger) imbues her narrative with dignity, pathos and...well...grace. :)

Grace took a hiatus of several weeks from blogging, but with the start of the new year, she's back on track.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails