Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Why do I have a picture of Russell Crowe here?

Well, because it's my blog, and I felt like it. :)

Spoonerisms never fail to crack me up

This from an article at Netscape.com about the Reverend William Archibald Spooner:

" The good Anglican priest and Oxford University scholar, who was known for being genial, kindly, and hospitable, had quite the reputation for saying almost the right thing, but not quite. He once said to a stranger seated in the wrong place: 'I believe you're occupewing my pie. May I sew you to another sheet?'"

Other mis-speaks by Reverend Spooner that tickle my funny bone:

"The Lord is a shoving leopard."

Raising a toast to Her Royal Highness Queen Victoria: "Three cheers for our queer old dean!"

Exhibiting his patriotism during World War One: "When the boys come back from France, we'll have the hags flung out."

Then there's my own husband, who often used to accidentally say "Pana and Dolly" when referring to our friends, Dana and Polly. :)


I should talk about the President's State of the Union speech...



I should, but it's early in the morning and the speech has already been reacted to, hashed over and dissected to death by a plethora of pols, pundits and opposing candidates.

Besides, I didn't even see/hear the speech last night. I went to a basketball game instead.

If you didn't catch the speech and would like to read it for yourself, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails