Friday, June 11, 2010

Tried-and-True Weight Loss Tips & Advice from my Facebook Friends



Day 5 of My Quest to Lose 10 Pounds!

(That's Michelle Aguilar, probably my very favorite Biggest Loser winner, who happens to be touring now with Women of Faith. People like Michelle inspire me in my own quest to lose weight and get fit!)

Yep, this is already Day 5 of my Quest to Lose 10 Pounds, and it's going great so far. I've exercised every day this week, been drinking lots of water with lemon, and focusing on healthy, low-carb, small-portion eating.

I've learned if you have a question, just go on Facebook and ask! That's what I did, seeking weight loss advice from people who have successfully lost, and here are just a few of their tips:

Tina Maavich: I've lost 20+ lbs since March and still losing. I just cut my calories down, drink lots of water and go walking everyday for about 30 to 45 min.

Erica Gehrke Smith : One of the easiest ways to loose weight and keep it off, is to switch to a combination of mild excerise and a Low-glycemic diet. Cutting carbs is a good idea, but not all carbs are bad for you. By going Low-glycemic you keep your blood sugar at a more constant level and avoid the spikes that cause carb cravings.

Gwen White Bartholomee:I recenly learned that drinking 2 cups of Green Tea a day will help aid in weight loss.
Also, fruit smoothies (no sugar) can help. I use frozen berries & fruits, fresh apples, oranges & bananas. Blend well and enjoy. You may want to add ice cubes or some brewed tea to thin it down a bit. It will help to fill you up plus the nutrition from the fruit will help prevent cravings. Sometimes I need to add a little sweetener depending on how tart some of the fruit may be.

Misty Taggart : Low carb is the most effective. And I've tried them all. But getting bread and sugar out of my life is the ONLY way I can lose a pound. That's what I'm doing right now and have lost five lbs. in a week.

Linda Crow Eat like a king in the morning and a pauper at night. They said it doesn't make a difference when you eat calories so much as how many you eat, but I'm not buying that anymore. I'm a believer in the king/pauper theory.

Joan Abegglen Kahley: Watch the carbs and sugar. Exercising also helps. My doctor said I should walk 3 times a week for 15 minutes (I walk 30 mins. each time). Just a normal walk, no power walking or anything like that. Between watching the carbs and walking I have lost almost 50 pounds.

I got so many great tips from proven "losers," I'll be using more of them in future blog posts.

I'll be weighing and posting the results this coming Monday, June 14. Wish me well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails